Monday, March 21, 2011

It's clearly the end of semester.

Accomplishments so far today:

  • woke up before noon
  • finished yogurt before it went off
  • did not die
What I'm getting at is that while my university years will be the most longed-for in my life, springtime is always unproductive.  After all those vitamin D-free months, being outdoors is no longer the worst part of my cold, rain-drenched life.  My flat is full of fresh air, library books got returned after being renewed for months on end, and I no longer wonder why they make patio furniture in Scotland.  

But sadly, this is not a good time for outdoor laziness or daytime drinking.  So presently I'm stuck inside, trying to tie up the loose ends of semester-time obligations. But really I'm not doing much of anything thanks to the sunshine-loving folk outside with their smiling and no coats and sunglasses-wearing. It's cruel, it's distracting and it's no fair.

Still, it's not all bad - my yogurt did not go off, I did not die, and spring is just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment