Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nothing to say, but I'll say something anyways.

I really am crap at this whole blogging thing.  I'd like to say it's because I'm insufficiently self-involved but, really, I'd be having a laugh.  Basically it's a matter of laziness and lack of exciting things to talk about.

I don't think I've been anywhere or done much in terms of excitement in the past several weeks.  Spring has certainly sprung and I'm regretting not getting a photo of my walk to school in the last week or two.  The Meadows are full (I mean full) of gorgeous purple, yellow and white crocuses and it's been shockingly sunny.  But alas, we've had some freak snow which boggles my mind and makes me worry the flowers are done with.

One thing I did get up to was head over to Glasgow with a few friends (dragging Dean along as well, since he was visiting) to go see a showing of Submarine, which was being presented by writer/director Richard Ayoade, better known to us as Moss from the IT Crowd.  He was pretty much the only reason we went, to be honest.  Considering the trailer and how overwhelmingly hip the whole project sounded, it was a surprisingly good movie.  Even Dean liked it.  Do recommend.

Made some fantastic raspberry scones last night.  Between Honor and I a batch of 10 left me with 4 leftover.   I've had two since waking up a half hour ago and am tempted to just polish them off and make some more this arvo.  It's justifiable - with only a 1/4c of butter and 3T of sugar, the recipe is pretty healthy.  For scones, I mean.  That is, of course, until you pile on the clotted cream.  Add that to the list of things I'll miss when I go home.

Anyways, enough procrastination.  Expect marginally less dull updates soon.  I'll be spending next Thursday (St. Pat's) in Dublin, then the following three days in Belfast.  May not remember much of that, but I'll try and take some photos of the greenery, etc.  Then home for the last week of class, and on the 26th Honor and I fly out for a two week trek through Budapest, Berlin and Prague - very, very excited!  Sasha and I are in the final stages of planning our Eurotrip, ie. the booking stages, ie. the worst stages.  But that's going to be a ridiculously good, if exhausting, five or six weeks.  Look out for a firm itinerary some time soon.

Until then - my ears are open for suggestions of things to see and do in any of the aforementioned cities.  Now it's just time to tie up some loose ends in class and then kick back for the seven and a half weeks (yep) of revision before exams.  May forget what month it is.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment