Saturday, September 18, 2010

Weekend!

This is unofficially my first weekend in Edinburgh (it's unofficial because Operation Get Friends is still in the planning stages so I'd like the official first weekend to involve someone other than blood relations - no offense, Wilma). That being said, I have had a wonderful time with Wilma and Ricky these past few days and I'm really excited to get to spend time with the famjam here in Scotland. Fabby!

As promised, I will give the low-down on my flat. It's university accommodations, and it looks it. Very residence-y: tiny boxy rooms and generic functional sort of furniture. But I quite like it. It's very bright, so far quite warm, and it's also pretty quiet (no friends is handy for that) except at night since the window must be plastic wrap or something and I can here the frosh being froshy on the street. But that's what earplugs are for. Wilma took me round to IKEA and set me up with a bright magenta sheet set and some other things I needed (dishes, etc) so now it's looking much less like a hospital. The shower is electric heated so always warm, and I've got my own radiator and controls in my bedroom. Best of all, there's a wine shop two doors down. Happy days! (to quote Wilma)

Flatmates seem nice. One girl is from Japan and so far completely invisible. Another is Scottish and I have now spoken to her on three one-minute occassions. And the last is from the states and probably very nice. Scotland is the only fresher, the rest are on exchange like me.

Back to the weekend!

Plan today is do a bit of shopping on the high street. I need jeans, but I might see something cute too (highly likely, I'll be going to TopShop). Also needed: flatiron and mirror. The first is cheaper to buy new than to get a voltage converter for (over a hundred pounds!) and the second is only available in the WC and shower and I don't want to be a bathroom hog. Might go see the castle, too. Wilma said she'd ring me and take me around later on, so that'll be nice. Tomorrow is completely open, so I'll see what happens!

Weather is lovely and cool and sunny yet again, so I'm off to enjoy that while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment