Sunday, November 28, 2010

Favourite Things: Part I

I really don't want to get into this, so I won't any further than to say I really, really don't like Oprah.  A particularly irritating segment of her consortium of contemptibility is, of course, her Favourite Things.  Favourite things should be along the lines of how dark your toast is, or a flavour of tea or a seat in the library - not a 52" plasma screen TV.  (Although, if I had one I'd probably like it a lot.)  So since I'm clearly not getting any work done, here are three of my favourite things, all within reach at this particular moment.




1.  Note cards.  I cannot express how useful and wonderful and fulfilling I find note cards to be.  I use them to plan my day, make shopping lists, break down project plans, doodle on ... oh the list goes on.  I used to be a Post-It fan, but once discovered that note cards go beyond cram sessions and book marks, I've never loved their adhesive pals quite as much.  There are few occasions where my notes need to stick to anything (and they rarely actually do stick), plus a note card takes a beating much better when crammed into your pocket on the way to do the shopping.  It's love.  Oh, and they're a fraction of the price.
2.  Correspondence.  Who doesn't love getting mail?  All other forms of messaging fall into this category, too, and I love them equally.  Cards and Facebook messages have turned many a destitute day around, and if that's not one of your favourite things then you either have a really awesome life or hate people.  Either way, feck yourself.
3.  Vitamin D.  The sun is up by 8am here.  I am not.  I am, however, usually awake and often out of the house long past 4:30pm.  It is not.  No further explanation necessary.

There you have it, three favourite things that I would not give up for a 52" TV, all within arm's reach, all under five quid.  Granted, I would probably be the only person collapsing with joy if I found these under my seat but I can't help who what I love.  Look forward to more of these inane lists, finals are getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment